Adjudicators should evaluate each aspect of each production on its own merits based on their training and professional experience.
Ballots are used to evaluate work in real time. At the end of a season the results of each ballot are tabulated and those meeting or surpassing the minimum ballot threshold (5+) will become a finalists in their category for that season.
For categories with multiple candidates sharing a line such as co-directors or musical group, please evaluate the work of the artists collectively.
Evaluations are made on a numeric basis using a range from 1 to 10, with the median 5 being considered average and acceptable. Please reference the chart below to give you a sense of what values to assign. Please try to not evaluate at the high or low extremes unless the situation truly merits that result.
- 10 = Brilliant, Flawless, Best of the Best, World Class
- 9 = Outstanding, Exceptional Throughout
- 8 = Excellent, Exceptional in Many Ways
- 7 = Very Good, Exceptional in Some Ways
- 6 = Good, Better Than Average, Solid
- 5 = Average, Meets Needs, No Notable Flaws, Decent
- 4 = Below Average, Lacking in Some Way
- 3 = Less Than Adequate, Some Notable Flaws
- 2 = Amateurish, Many Notable Flaws
- 1 = Shoddy, Embarrassing, Truly Awful